Principal, Auburndale Realty Co.
- Provides brokerage/advisory and expert trial witness services to public agencies, hi-net worth individuals, investment portfolio groups and corporations in New England, Missouri, Ohio, California and Florida.
- Serves on the Advisory Board of a NYSE listed real estate Boston investment firm (NERA)
- Appointed by the Mass. Real Estate Licensing Commission to its Education Subcommittee
EXPERT WITNESS TESTIMONY / LITIGATION SUPPORT
Rob Nahigian,FRICS,SIOR,CRE,MCR has provided expert testimony on highest and best use analysis for eminent domain cases, broker/landlord disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, investment disputes, brokerage disputes and fiduciary duties of commercial real estate professionals.
His clients have included the Mass. Attorney General’s Office, MassDevelopment and the City of Boston.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Boston, Mass.
- U.S. District Court of District, Mass.
- Worcester County Superior Court, Mass.
- Massachusetts Superior Court, Mass.
- Bristol County Superior Court, Mass.
- Suffolk County Superior Court, Mass.
- State of Michigan, Circuit Court for the County of Oakland
- Boston Arbitration (JAMS)
- Essex County Superior Court, Mass.
- Director,Office/Industrial Division, The Robbins Group, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Vice-President, The Norwood Group, Burlington, Massachusetts
- City Planner, Bowie, Maryland
- Planner, Perkins & Will Architects, New York City
- Junior Planner, Bethlehem (PA) Redevelopment Authority
- Recipient of the prestigious national CRE, two time “2019 James Felt Creative Counseling Award”
- Named the “2015 Mass. Real Estate Educator of the Year” by Mass. Association of Realtors
- Awarded CoreNet’s 2013 “Top Rated Faculty”
- Named the “2011 Mass. Real Estate Educator of the Year” by Mass. Association of Realtors
- Awarded 2012/2004/2003/2002/1994 SIOR National Real Estate; Instructor of the Year
- Recipient of the prestigious national CRE “2009 James Felt Creative Counseling Award”
- Awarded: 2005 Advisory Assignment of the Year- Boston’s Commercial Broker’s Association (CBA)
- Awarded: 2004 Advisory Assignment of the Year- CBA
- Awarded; 2003 Advisory Assignment of the Year- CBA
- Awarded; 2001 Industrial Deal of The Year- CBA
- Final Nominee 2016 Industrial Deal of the Year-CBA
- Nominated; 2003 Commercial Broker of the Year, Commercial Broker’s Association
- Awarded; Distinguished Achievements in Commercial Leasing – CBA
- Awarded; Multi-Million Dollar Producer – CBA
- Honored;”Top 125 Business Leaders in Massachusetts” Banker & Tradesman
- Featured as: “Movers and Shakers of Real Estate”; “Transaction of the Week”; “People to Watch in New England Real Estate”;” Who’s Who in New England Real Estate”; “Who’s Who in the East”; “Who’s Who in America” and “Who’s Who in Residential and Commercial Real Estate” by various publications
- Awards of Appreciation: CoreNet, CBA, Northeastern University, New England Chapter of NAIOP, SIOR, New England Chapter of SIOR, AMPI and Hong Kong Poly Tech University.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Realtor U (affiliated with NAR)
- Faculty Adjunct Professor, Boston University
- Faculty Senior Instructor, Massachusetts Association of Realtors
- National Faculty Senior Instructor, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Past National MCR Faculty, CoreNet Global
- National Signature Series Speaker, National Association of Realtors Commercial
- National Corporate Training Faculty, Past faculty member, CB Richard Ellis Leadership Center
- Past Visiting Lecturer at at Harvard, MIT, Northeastern, Rutgers, Lehigh,Suffolk and DePaul Universities
- Past Director of Real Estate Studies, Northeastern University
- Invited speaker in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America and Europe by SIOR,
FIABCI, Colliers International, NAI, ONCOR, CoreNet, Coldwell Banker Commercial, CCIM, NAIOP, CRE,
AMPI, Latin American Real Estate Conference and other state Realtor associations.
- Co-authored/Contributed four real estate books
- Authored over 380 professional articles and has developed over 170 Realtor association courses and state licensing courses
- Approved Real Estate CE Instructor in Mass. and various other states
The following is a list of Rob Nahigian’s participation as a contributor to the local and national real estate industry.
- Current Member, Mass. Real Estate Licensing Commission Education Subcommittee in which he has authored and developed over 49 of the MA continuing education courses.
- Past Member, Governor appointed position to the MADOT Appraisal Real Estate Review Board
- Past member, MAR Govt. Affairs, Agency Law Legislative Drafting, Commercial State Overlay Board, Professional -Development, Presidential Action Group, Education and Curriculum Boards
- CRE New England Chapter Past Board of Director
- SIOR New England Chapter Past Board of Director serving 22 years
- Boston’s Commercial Broker’s Association (CBA) Board of Directors, Past Member serving 13 years
- Past Chair, MAR Commercial-Investment Brokers Council
- Past Chair, Membership Committee, Mass. NAIOP
- Past Member, Executive Committee, Mass. Chapter NAIOP
- Past Chapter Board Member, LAI
- Mass. Assoc. of Realtors/Greater Boston Real Estate Board Committees
Rob has served at the national and local levels of leadership within the Counselors of Real Estate to keep his clients abreast on upcoming trends in the industry.
- CRE National Business Task Force, Co-Chair, 2019-2020
- CRE National Board of Directors, 2015-2018
- CRE Past Invitation Committee, 2015-2016
- CRE Past National Liaison Vice-Chair,2014-15
- CRE Past National Executive Committee, 2014-15
- CRE Past National Budget & Finance, 2014-15
- CRE Past National Chair of the James Felt Creative Counseling Award Committee, Chair 2013
- CRE New England/Upstate New York Chapter Past President
- CRE Past National Editor-In-Chief,The Counselors Newsletter
- CRE New England/Upstate NY Chapter Board of Directors, Past Member
- CRE National Chapter Activities Committee, Past Member
- CRE National Public Relations Committee, Past National Chair
- CRE National Chapter Activities Committee, Past National Vice-Chair
- CRE National Dispute Resolution Committee, Past Member
- CRE National Communications Committee, Past Member
- CRE National Presidential Task Force, Past Member
- CRE National Board of Directors, Past Member
Rob has served at the highest levels of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors and has been noted as an industry’s national leader:
- National Faculty Committee and Instructor, Current member
- Legacy Circle, Current Member
- National Editorial Committee, Professional Development Magazine, Current Member
- National Communications and Branding Committee, Past member
- National Education Task Force, Past Member
- National Past Chair, Education Committee
- National Past Chair, Education Executive Committee
- National Past Chair, Programs Committee
- National Past Vice-Chair, Faculty Training & Development
- National Past Vice-Chair, Faculty Committee
- National Past Vice-Chair, Designation Courses
- Northeast (U.S.) Regional Vice-President, Past
- National Co-Chair, 2001 Boston Convention
- National Budget & Finance Committee, Past Member Serving two separate terms
- National Nominating Committee, Past Member
- National Executive Committee, Past Member
- National Board of Directors, Past Member
- National Programs and Services Committee, Past Member
- National Convention Site Selection Committee, Past Member
- New England Chapter Past President
- New England Chapter Board of Directors, Past Member, 22 years
- Presidential Education Task Force, Past Member
- B.A, cum laude, Government with minors in Urban Studies and International Relations; Lehigh University.
- Masters in Science, Urban Planning; Columbia University
- Holds SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors) designation (office and industrial real estate brokerage)
- Holds CRE (Counselor’s of Real Estate) designation (real estate advisor)
- Holds FRICS (Fellow, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) designation (international designation as a real estate consulting specialist)
- Holds MCR, (Master of Corporate Real Estate) diploma/designation from CoreNet Global
- Elected to Lambda Alpha International, honorary land economics international society
- Completed various CCIM courses (Certified Commercial Investment Member program)
- NAR Mass. Past Certified Real Estate Mediator
- GBREB: Commercial Brokers Association: Past Arbitrator
- Holds membership with the Real Estate Education Association (REEA)
- Massachusetts and New Hampshire Licensed Real Estate Broker