We provide primary real estate consulting and expert witness services in all phases of commercial and industrial projects, primarily in New England. Auburndale Realty Company has counseled to such institution as BPDA, Mass Attorney’s Office, MDFA, Archdiocese of Boston, City of Boston, Konover Properties, Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Real Estate Group, Weyerhaeuser Corp., CB Richard Ellis/Whittier and Goldman Sachs. Rob Nahigian holds the MCR designation from CoreNet Global as an expert in corporate real estate and holds the Counselors of Real Estate designation. Additionally Rob has been an Adjunct Professor at Boston University for 27 years on commercial lease negotiations from the perspective of the landlord, tenant and lender.
- Provide due diligence on investment and land development projects
- Develop marketing plans for high vacancy office and industrial projects
- Evaluate and recommend design and site changes on commercial and industrial projects for re-positioning, both land and existing portfolios.
- Provide investment and market analysis for acquisitions. Prepare land development pro formas.
- Provide negotiating services on commercial lease documents
- Highest and Best Use Analysis and Opinion of Value on commercial real state
A proprietary questionnaire report has been developed by us over the last 25 years to assist entrepreneur clients in determining “entrance” and “exit” strategies and risk tolerance for real estate acquisitions/dispositions or land development.
This revealing survey helps formulate acquisition prices, terms of purchase, lease economic negotiating parameters with tenants, selling strategies, etc. The questionnaire becomes the basis for the properties to be purchased or developed and avoided in order to maximize wealth-building. We also serve on the NYSE real estate investment firm, NEN, as advisors on acquisitions. NEN’s acquisitions have included Dexter Park apartment complex (over $50 million) in Brookline, MA and other commercial properties in the greater Boston area.
With this program we have engaged over the years to complete asset allocation acquisitions for investors including a national search of over 100 properties to reinvest $20 million of funds. Our network was invaluable to obtain market rents and the state of the commercial real estate arena in the 30 national market places under consideration.
Mr. Nahigian,FRICS,SIOR,CRE,MCR leads our team on all phases of build-to-suits and raw land development for developers, investors and tenants. He is an accomplished recognized national expert on the topic of build-to-suits and speculative land development pro formas. He has lectured on the topic for over thirty-four years and has worked on hundreds of build-to-suit and land development projects for developers and tenants. Over the years, we have worked on Mr. Coffee industrial build-to-suit in Ohio to Cambridge Eye industrial facility in Holliston, MA and the DryDock redevelopment for BPDA.
Due to the full understanding of the subject, Auburndale Realty Company offers build-to-suit and land development services to developers analyzing pro forma and a complete land due diligence. Additionally these services are employed by corporations negotiating build-to-suit or speculative land development terms and conditions.
Topics engaged in build-to-suit and speculative land projects:
- Recommendations on the entrance design and exit strategy for the investor
- The full detailed development of a build-to-suit pro forma to calculate the first year’s rental rate.
- Due Diligence on the design of the product
- Modeling schedules on the construction of a BTS
- Conducting a break-even analysis, a DCR analysis, LTV and recalculation of the Cash Flow and first and second profit centers
- Calculating the debt investment analysis and investment disposition
In recognition of the accomplishments in commercial real estate, the Weyerhaeuser Build-To-Suit transaction was awarded the CBA Industrial Deal of the Year. Additionally the JC Cannistraro industrial transaction was a final nominee for CBA Industrial Deal of the Year and was awarded the Counselors of Real Estate as the James Felt Counseling Award, a national award for the highest achievement in real estate counseling.
Our strength is with details and problem solving of properties that need to be re-positioned. Rob Nahigian has served as litigation support as well to the MassDOT, specifically on the highest and best use feasibility analysis of commercial properties. He served over 14 years recommending MassDOT on the value of eminent domain takings and the re-positioning of commercial real estate assets. He has been invited for his expert opinion by universities and premier real estate commercial firms to speak on the “imagineering” tools on distressed properties.
From 1989 to 1993, Auburndale Realty Co. was engaged by the Boston area banks to help them dispose of distressed properties. The evaluation of these distressed properties led to the sales of millions of dollars of commercial properties for Bank of Boston, Bank of New England, BayBank, Pertinex Properties and Shawmut Bank.
In the 1990’s and 2000’s Auburndale Realty Co. was engaged as consultants for many repositioning ideas for projects such as Heritage Place, a 330,000 square foot mill complex in Lawrence, MA; Berkshire Hathaway’s 1.0 million square foot industrial complex in New Bedford, MA; to the Archiodese of Boston on the disposition of its 33 assets and to the MA Attorney’s Office on the highest and best use of eminent domain takings in Worcester and Fall River, MA.
These projects have been recognized by Boston’s Commercial Brokers Association as the Advisory Assignment of the Year in 2003, 2004 and again in 2005. Additionally the Counselors of Real Estate recognized twice with the Abby Kelley Foster Chartered School and the JC Cannistraro industrial transaction in Boston’s Seaport as the most unique and accomplished advisory assignments in its national membership with the James Felt Creative Counseling Award. No other Boston area real estate advisor has been awarded as a 3 time Boston Advisory Assignment recipient or twice as the James Felt Counseling Award.
In summary Auburndale Realty Co. provides brokerage and counseling services in connection with the Client’s lease of real estate. We provide:
- Assistance to develop goals and specifications: geographic, dimensional, functional, aesthetic and financial.
- Research and arrange for the Client to inspect real estate that can satisfy the identified goals and specifications and accompany the Client on the tours.
- Solicit real estate proposals to develop and submit a letter of intent on behalf of Client.
- Attempt to create a competitive process for the client and a bidding environment to generate the most advantageous lease arrangements.
- Assist in analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of proposals submitted including lease modeling and analysis.
- Enter into and conduct negotiations with on behalf of the Client submit letter of intents; develop RFP’s and recommend negotiating strategies on lease clauses.
- We specialize in office and logistics and supply chain industrial real estate.
For these projects, Rob Nahigian was a nominee for Boston’s Commercial Broker of the Year. The Heritage Place project was also nominated for Investment Deal of the Year and the Rizzo Associates/Dennison Mills, Framingham, MA project was nominated for Suburban Office Deal of the Year. JC Cannistraro was a final nominee for Industrial Deal of the Year.